Ascend Performance Materials has been one of the world’s leading producers of adipic acid (AA) for decades.
Ascend's adipic acid facility, located in Pensacola, Florida, is the largest in the world. Ascend provides high-purity adipic acid in several grades, including food grade.
Ascend is the only large-scale producer of food-grade adipic acid in the world.
Ascend ships adipic acid in a variety of package sizes, including rail cars, tank trucks, super sacks and 50-pound bags, via our established, efficient global distribution network.
Adipic acid uses
- Nylon 6,6 and specialty nylons
- Polyester polyols for polyurethanes
- Wet-strength resins for paper products
- Plasticizers for PVC
- Unsaturated polyester resins
- Glass interleaving powders
- Ingredient in foods and medications
- World-scale plant in the southeastern United States
- Decades of safe operations, delivery and use
- Industry-leading reliability
- Continued investments in unique process technologies
- Focused commitment to our markets and customers
- Responsive sales and customer service organizations
- Largest producer of food-grade adipic acid in the world