- Low viscosity
- Economical compared to other amine alternatives
- High amine value
- Cycloaliphatic amines content for enhanced performance
Oil and gas industry applications
FlexaTram-DAM can be used in oil well drilling, completion, production and water flood systems.
- VPCI and FFCI based on FlexaTram-DAM are commonly used in oil production as oil-soluble filming inhibitors.FlexaTram-DAM is dispersible in light brines and fresh water. The product is effective against (H2S, CO2) organic acids and small amounts of oxygen.
- FlexaTram-DAM is normally formulated with other additives such as nonionic surfactants and alcohols.
Clay stabilizers and drilling mud
FlexaTram-DAM can be used as shale hydration inhibitors and clay stabilizers in water-based drilling fluids and fracking fluids. FlexaTram-DAM is modified to form quaternary ammonium salt, which is then used to improve the inhibitive properties and high temperature resistance of shale inhibitors.
- FlexaTram-DAM exhibits superior water inhibitive properties when compared to other products such as KCI and choline chloride. Unlike other amines, the cycloaliphatic amine content FlexaTram-DAM can provide high temperature resistance.
- FlexaTram-DAM’s hydrophobic and chemical nature intercalate into clay at a drilling site. The product is especially effective in montmorillonite clay (bentonite and smectite) with monolayer orientation.
- The quaternary ions in FlexaTram-DAM neutralize the negatively charged clay surface after absorption while the chemical’s hydrophobic properties prevent ingress of water.
Epoxy coatings applications
FlexaTram-DAM is used as epoxy curing agent for composites and civil engineering applications such as flooring and paving to provide high chemical and temperature resistance with superior mechanical performance. Composite applications include processes such as filament winding, infusion, RTM and hand lay-up.
Water treatment applications
FlexaTram-DAM can be used as a chelating agent in several applications:
- Oilfield — iron chelation
- Oilfield — acid gas absorption
- Textiles — dye treatment
- Water treatment — boiler water additive
- Metal working fluids — ferrous chelation for corrosion protection
- Detergents — drying cleaning applications
FlexaTram-DAM is used to produce wide range of ethoxylated amines and ethoxylated fatty amines with various amounts of ethylene oxide. These amines are used for emulsification, surface tension, solubility and cationic strength characteristics in oil and gas and most industrial and institutional cleaning applications.
Download brochure for specifications and properties
|FlexaTram-DAM-120||Formulated amine mixture for use in drilling, stimulation, production and other applications within the oil and gas industry|
|FlexaTram-DAM-200||Formulated mixture with high cycloaliphatic amine content for use in composites, epoxy floor coatings and sour gas applications in the energy industry|
|FlexaTram-DAM-700||Formulated amine mixture with high hexamethylene diamine content for use in adhesives, emulsifiers and upstream oil and gas applications|