Hexatran™ (TAN-Triaminononane) is a unique trifunctional primary amine molecule and is available in a wide range of grades. The functionality and benefits of Hexatran are slightly different based on the market applications.
Hexatran delivers performance equal to or better than other amines used in epoxies or asphalt because of its low odor proﬁle and consistent quality. Hexatran provides a consistent raw material basis compared to other amines (TEPA, TETA, DETA) typically used in these applications. Hexatran can be functionalized to control the curing process.
- Hexatran’s chemical structure makes it a good replacement or supplement for other amines such as TETA, TEPA, DETA and IPDA.
- Hexatran can be easily modiﬁed into other key derivatives for the epoxy marketplace.
- Hexatran’s three primary amines provide improved curing time, chemical resistance and excellent ﬂex.
- Hexatran is used in liquid anti-strip to promote better adhesion of asphalt to aggregate.
- Hexatran has better performance when compared to other amines.
- Hexatran’s low viscosity and low odor make it easier to work with during production and application.
- Hexatran and its derivatives are used as ionic and non-ionic emulsifiers.
- Hexatran’s unique aliphatic structure provides alternate routes to carbamates and isocyanates.
- Isocyanates produced from Hexatran have low viscosity at high solids, promoting easy workability.
- The urethanes produced from Hexatran have great chemical and weather resistance that promote high adhesion and are non-yellowing.
- Hexatran derivatives are used in scale inhibition.
- Hexatran is used to produce a semi-permanent clay/shale stabilizer with improved performance over choline chloride and potassium chloride (KCl) and with similar performance to hexamethylenediamine but with superior permanence.
- Hexatran and its derivatives can be used as drilling fluid emulsifiers.
- Hexatran and its derivatives are used in vapor phase and film forming corrosion inhibition.
- Hexatran derivatives can be used to remove hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide from gas streams.
|Hexatran-300||Multifunctional amine that provides a cost-effective solution for use in coatings, oil and gas and asphalt applications|