Hexatran delivers performance equal to or better than other amines used in epoxies or asphalt because of its low odor proﬁle and consistent quality. Hexatran provides a consistent raw material basis compared to other amines (TEPA, TETA, DETA) typically used in these applications. Hexatran can be functionalized to control the curing process.
Application End Uses
- Hexatran’s chemical structure makes it a good replacement or supplement for other amines such as TETA, TEPA, DETA and IPDA.
- Hexatran can be easily modiﬁed into other key derivatives for the epoxy marketplace.
- Hexatran’s three primary amines provide improved curing time, chemical resistance and excellent ﬂex.
- Hexatran is used in liquid anti-strip to promote better adhesion of asphalt to aggregate.
- Hexatran has better performance when compared to other amines.
- Hexatran’s low viscosity and low odor make it easier to work with during production and application.
- Hexatran and its derivatives are used as ionic and non-ionic emulsifiers.
- Hexatran’s unique aliphatic structure provides alternate routes to carbamates and isocyanates.
- Isocyanates produced from Hexatran have low viscosity at high solids, promoting easy workability.
- The urethanes produced from Hexatran have great chemical and weather resistance that promote high adhesion and are non-yellowing.
- Hexatran derivatives are used in scale inhibition.
- Hexatran is used to produce a semi-permanent clay/shale stabilizer with improved performance over choline chloride and potassium chloride (KCl) and with similar performance to hexamethylenediamine but with superior permanence.
- Hexatran and its derivatives can be used as drilling fluid emulsifiers.
- Hexatran and its derivatives are used in vapor phase and film forming corrosion inhibition.
- Hexatran derivatives can be used to remove hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide from gas streams.
Download brochure for specifications and properties
|Hexatran-300||Multifunctional amine that provides a cost-effective solution for use in coatings, oil and gas and asphalt applications|