FlexaTram-HMT-100 and FlexaTram-HMT-200, hexamethylenetetramine, are used to synthesize chemical compounds such as resins, plastics, personal care and rubber additives.
FlexaTram-HMT-100 and FlexaTram-HMT-200 are used to synthesize chemical compounds such as resins, plastics, personal care and rubber additives. Ascend has been producing FlexaTram-HMT for over 50 years at one of its world-class facilities in Chocolate Bayou, Texas.
FlexaTram-HMT products are used as a catalyst in the synthesis of phenol, melamine and urea-formalde-hyde based resins and as a curing agent in the preparation of novolac phenolic resin systems. These resins are versatile synthetic materials with outstanding mechanical properties, bonding performance, chemical and water resistance and ﬂame retardancy.
- Foundry resins
- Brake and clutch linings
- Abrasive products
- Non-woven textiles
- Proppant coatings
- Cosmetics, foot cream and deodorants as an antibacterial and fungicidal agent
- Hair dye ﬁxative as a preservative
Curing agent for rubber and epoxy
- High-temperature accelerators with medium to long curing ranges and slow curing rates, preventing early stage rubber sagging
- Secondary accelerators to control curing rates such as mercapto, sulphenamide, thiuram and dithiocarbamate
- Fuel additive in combustible solid fuel cubes and in RDX for the explosives industry
- Rubber-to-metal (steel cords)
- Chelating agents and other agro compounds
- Cheese preservative
- Fungicide for citrus fruits
- Methenamine mandelate and hippurate treatment of urinary tract infections
- Dinitrosopen-tamethylene-tetramine, a blowing agent for rubber
|FlexaTram-HMT-100||Aqueous ~32% solution|
|FlexaTram-HMT-200||Aqueous ~41% solution|