Ascend Performance Materials to exhibit portfolio of global nylon 6,6 technologies at Chinaplas 2016
April 13, 2016
Ascend Performance Materials will be showcasing its portfolio of Vydyne® nylon 6,6 products April 25-28 at Chinaplas 2016 (booth# N3B21), the largest plastics and rubber trade fair in Asia. Ascend, one of the world’s largest fully integrated producers of polyamide 66 (also known as nylon 6,6 or PA66), manufactures materials for automotive components, consumer goods, industrial products, textile goods, electrical and electronic components and carpet. Ascend’s Vydyne® PA66 fiber products are also widely used in air bags and tire cord.
“We are fully committed to the nylon 6,6 chain. It is our only business,” said Phil McDivitt, president, nylon at Ascend Performance Materials. “Our 60-plus years of nylon 6,6 technical expertise combined with our world-class operations and continued investments in our people, technologies and facilities make Ascend well-positioned to help customers grow in China and throughout Asia.”
Under the theme “inspiring everyday,” the company will highlight its material solutions at booth N3B21 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre:
- New Vydyne® PA66 glass reinforced (15-35%) grades for automotive, electrical and electronic components – these grades are electrically neutral, halogen-free, offer high-flow and low-plate-out and are laser-markable.
- A new Vydyne® PA66 non-halogenated unreinforced FR (flame retardant) grade offers best-in-class RTI (Relative Temperature Index) performance. This FR grade is part of a major upgrade of Ascend’s solutions for electrical and electronic components.
- Vydyne® PA66 grades for automotive cooling system applications – these hydrolysis-resistant materials (HR grades) can meet hydrolysis-aging requirements of 3,000 hours at 120°C with improved property retention performance to exceed the increasing demands of global OEMs.
Members of Ascend’s global technology team will be available to discuss the 2015 SPE Innovation Award in the Body Exterior Category for a push-to-release fastener used in Ford Motor Company’s 2015 Mustang. This innovative part is made with Ascend’s Vydyne® 47H, a heat-stabilized, impact-modified grade of PA66.
Ascend also will display additional Vydyne® PA66 solutions:
- Cable ties and fasteners – New impact-modified, unreinforced grades are designed for high-performance applications and offer customers faster cycle times, higher heat resistance, weatherability and reduced plate out during processing.
- Food packaging – Vydyne® PA66-based FDA-compliant copolymers used in film packaging for food products, meat and fresh produce provide low permeation, act as a superior oxygen barrier and have higher heat resistance and puncture resistance compared to traditional polyamide solutions.
- No-Shock® antistatic fiber – Based on Ascend’s bi-component fiber technology, No-Shock® is available as filament (drawn and undrawn), staple fiber and sliver forms in a wide range of deniers. It provides inherent, permanent static dissipation, resists abrasion and is UV stable. No-Shock® is ideal for woven, knit and electrically embedded wearables as well as automotive applications such as seat covers, flooring, headliners and trunk liners. No-Shock® is easy to process with low usage rates, meets OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and is REACH compliant.
“We continue to see increased demand for high-performance materials that enable our customers to innovate and design products that help them stay ahead of global trends as diverse as lighter-weight products to replace metal in automotive applications to products that improve food packaging to keep food fresher and retard spoiling,” said James Zhao, Ascend business director, Asia. “Our presence at Chinaplas provides us a platform to share information on the latest Vydyne® PA66 technologies that will help our customers accelerate their business.”
For more information on Ascend’s portfolio of PA66 solutions for automotive, electrical and electronic goods, cable ties and fasteners, consumer products and industrial applications, please visit us at Chinaplas booth #N3B21 or visit www.ascendmaterials.com.
Contact an Ascend Expert
Career growth opportunities
Interested in working for Ascend?
VIEW CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Ascend Performance Materials will be exhibiting at Chinaplas 2016 (booth# N3B21), the largest plastics and rubber trade fair in Asia, April 25-28 .
Family finances forced Glenn Drummond to leave Clemson University after only one semester. At 18 years old, he landed a contract position as a manufacturing operator at the Greenwood plant in 1992. Glenn didn’t know it then, but he soon would discover that Ascend is a great place to build a career.