Environmental, Safety, Security and Health Vision
Ascend holds Environmental, Safety, Security and Health (ESSH) as core values and is committed to achieving ESSH excellence.
To be a safe, healthy, secure and environmentally-conscious work place by proactively;
- Maintaining a culture of leadership commitment and individual ownership and responsibility;
- Implementing processes which focus on prevention of injuries, illnesses and environmental impacts, and
- Integrating environmental, safety, health and security considerations into all business activities and processes.
Core Policy Elements
- Entitlement – Every person working at Ascend is entitled to a safe, healthy, and secure workplace.
- Accountability – Each person is expected to adhere to established policies and procedures and to help identify and eliminate unsafe conditions and at-risk behaviors
Commitment – Ascend is committed to:
- Continual Improvement of our environmental, safety, health and security performance to achieve an incident free work place.
- Compliance with applicable environmental, safety, security and health requirements and voluntary standards to which Ascend subscribes, such as Responsible Care® Guiding Principles.
Activity – Ascend will:
- Demonstrate visible leadership in the environmental, safety, health and security management system.
- Maintain systems to establish and achieve environmental, safety, health and security objectives and targets and integrate into applicable business and personnel goals.